The software industry has three major points to measure the success of the products:
- number of downloads
- number of licenses sold
We will address today only the first point: number of software downloads. What are the key factors that can affect these downloads?
Our webmarketing team released again a great article regarding how to increase the number of the downloads for a software product. The main factors are:
- Let users know what they are downloading. Don’t surprise them!
- Suggest the action: Download versus Try label
- Don't ask for user details (or do it in an elegant manner)
- How to handle a potential customer if interested
- Get proactive feedback
- How to manage the uninstall process