Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Sound of tractors, sound of life

I want to share with you a little story from my life. The story is about my grandmother, an 80 years old woman from the country side, a woman that means very much to me.

She worked very hard the land for her entire life and now she becomes to lose from her strength. Recently I had a phone conversation with her and she told me a little thing that impressed me to tears; she told me “you know Daniel, I was sitting in the courtyard the other days and I was looking to the field and listening to the tractors that were working the land; I realized that I worked my entire life around these tractors; they use to lead my daily activities. Now, after 60 years, the tractors are still working on the same land but I feel them so far away from me…”

What happened is that my grandmother accepted that she became old and she cannot work the land anymore; now she is waiting for great-grandchildren…

No comments: